Friday, April 7, 2017

Daily Sketch Day 1 - A Dog and Two Birds


 To be good at any skill, one needs to develop and practice it everyday if possible. One of my daily struggles is to find the discipline to draw. Believe it or not, I find drawing difficult.  I find it daunting because all my insecurities as an artist surfaces whenever I'm confronted with an empty paper or canvas.  It reflects back to me what I don't know. What I don't know, I cannot draw.  So I procrastinated a lot. And hoarded a lot of drawing tutorials or books to the point that even that became overwhelming as well. It doesn't help that when I compare my drawings with that of artists I admire, all the more I feel inadequate. 

A Dog and Two Birds

And so, after months of starts and stops, I'm getting impatient with myself.  The only way for me to overcome this is to challenge myself and sketch something... anything.... everyday and upload it. One sketch only... a day.  And if I can do more, the better.  And if I do this for 100 days, I think it would become a good habit and hopefully become effortless.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, would love to hear from you ...