Monday, May 1, 2017

Daily Sketch Day 25 - Kitten Playing

Kitten Playing

Starting today, it's drawing cats week. I'm starting with this cute kitten playing with a yarn. This time, I'm trying a Chinese painting look where it's mostly brushwork. I think this technique is suited for the soft furry animals like this kitten. I still penciled in the rough drawing initially to get the correct proportion. Then just used a Mimosa preset brush from Artrage4 to achieve the effect, erasing the outlines after.  I'm still learning how to do it well and I can see that it's not quite the same as the Chinese painting style.  But at least this style is quicker. Finished it earlier and would like to do so from now on.  Yay!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, would love to hear from you ...