Friday, October 13, 2017

Back To Basics - Horse Studies


After months of  doing my Daily Sketch drawing series, it surely helped gain me back my confidence in drawing animals. Using photographs either from friends or found online as references, I would draw different animals by copying it.  It served a purpose of harnessing my observational drawing skills, a fundamental skill any artist should have.  But now it's time to really learn animal drawing a bit more deeply.

And so,  I'm now taking a slower pace to practice and study some animal anatomy and construction with the goal of eventually being able to draw, and design animals and creatures from imagination.  Thus, I'm starting a new drawing series - Back To  Basics. I plan to go back to learning the fundamentals  of not only animal drawing, but also that of figure drawing, human anatomy, perspective, composition, design, and color.   Listing all of that can seemed really daunting. So  I'll take one small step everyday. No pressure. Just learn it till it sticks.

So for now, here's some Horse Studies.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, would love to hear from you ...